The most exciting thing to happen to me in recent times was being nominated for a Liebster Award by the one and only queen Cherie Cheezcake. I have such a girl crush on her. You can read my blog article on her here and read her Naked and Nerdy blog here.
The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to discover other bloggers and blog readers to find new blogs.
- Thank the person who nominated you and a post a link to their blog in your post.
- Show the aware on your blog or in the post
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominated 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award
- Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Once your blog post is published let your nominees know they have been nominated and link them to your post for more details.
1.What's a movie or television show that you love but everyone else hates?
Definitely The Simple Life. It's not that everyone hates it, but there's still that strong backlash against it since it was Paris and Nicole's jumping off board. It's trashy TV and I have no problem admitting I have every season on DVD. It's everyone's favorite guilty pleasure.
2. Do you have any piercings or tattoos?
No, I do not. There aren't any plans for me to get any in the future, but I did price check what it costs to get your hips pierced once.
Princess Diana. She was always very sophisticated and put together. I even liked it when she dressed matronly. It might not reflect in how I present myself, but she always there. I'm more hopelessly devoted to that Shannen Doherty/Alicia Silverstone look. I love tweed and shoulder pads.
My favorite decade is the seventies. I've always loved the chill vibes of the music and of course disco. I could have lived through Olivia Newton John's heyday and seen Charlies Angels live on TV, but no part of me would actually want to go back and grow up through it.
5. When was the last time you met someone new? Who was it?
I'm still in college, so I meet new people all the time, but the last time I met someone new that I've actually built a relationship with would be Prince Harry. He's one of my two Princes and I was the awkward third wheel to their two wheels on New Year's Eve.
6. What is the single best thing that happened to you in the last year?
Hilary Duff, the true royalty of Disney Channel finally returned to us in the biggest possible way. She murdered us as the sexy and vivacious Kelsey Peters in Younger and her new album Breathe In. Breathe Out is the soundtrack to my life.
This is going to sound horrible, but my last birthday I spent the day at home, alone. My grandmother passed away a few days before, so my parents went to her funeral. I didn't get any presents and I didn't go out and celebrate, but it was honestly one of my favorite birthdays. It was very relaxed and peaceful
8. What is the nerdiest thing you have ever done?
Senior year, I went out with a dear friend of mine and bought ARTPOP the day it came out. We were there in the stores, 8:00 in the morning, the minute they opened, dressed up, cash in hand, ready to experience the religion of Lady Gaga.
9. Are there any television shows you're looking forward to in the next few months?
The return of Gilmore Girls on Netflix. We're finally going to see Luke and Lorelai get married. Yeah!!!!!!!!
I haven't been fired from a job... yet.
11. What was the last blog post that made you smile and why?
It would have to be one of Nick Tredrea's. He hasn't been posting for a while, but he's always wild. His blog is so much fun, I can't wait for him to return.
11 Facts about Me:
1. I'm allergic to peanuts. That's not really interesting, but people I've known forever always seem so shocked when I tell them.
2. The first album I ever bought was Dignity, Hilary Duff's third studio album. I was a shy middle schooler and I couldn't find the CD and I remember asking one of the staff if they had Hilary Duff's Dignity. So embarrassed.
3. I read Vogue cover to cover every month.
3. Despite being a total cynic, I grew up on romantic comedies as a child and I'm actually a complete hopeless romantic. I'm just waiting for Richard Gere to save me from my life of prostitution.
4. My dream date is going to the bank. My lover deposits a million dollars into my account. I go home.
5. I'm waiting for Ashley Tisdale to come back and save pop music.
6. One of my managers told me that he would be in love with me “if I wasn't such a bitch.” It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.
7. I'm a really sentimental person and I have a shoe box of things that remind me of people that I care about.
8. The first concert I ever went to was Sheryl Crow. I went with my mother and that was when she was promoting her 100 Miles From Memphis album. It's still one of my favorites.
9. I share my birthday with the day that George Washington was inaugurated. April 30th.
11. I have very few talents, but I happen to be quite adept at balancing trays on my head.
Bloggers I Nominate:
I apologize for being a terrible blogger. I only read four blogs (one of which is Cherie's) and Nick is taking an extended break at the moment and he's always changing the name of it. I actually wrote an entire piece on his blog and you can read that here.
My three nominations are:
Rare Disease Mixed With Common Ailment (read here)
You Can See Another Doctor (read here)
Questions For Bloggers:
Favorite female rapper?
First celebrity crush?
Are you dating anyone? And if so are they sexy? Do you love them? Are they the one?
What's the nicest complement you've ever received?
Tis the season of love. What's your favorite romantic movie?
Which member of Destiny's Child would you want to be?